setting up cable internet connection

Brian Chase networkr0 at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 26 01:55:16 UTC 2004

Not sure which Road Runner you're using, but I'm with BrightHouse
Networks in Central Florida and have written confirmation that they DO
block the following ports (25,137-139,80).

The only way I got my site up was using Custom DNS service from
DynDNS.org, an addl, mailhop and webhop redirect to a non-standard port
on my Linux box.  I run http/smtp/ssh/pop3/imap with no problems off a
75MHz P-1 with 96Mb RAM running Fedora core 1 in runlevel 3.

For another $40/mo on top of the $50 I'm paying now, I can get Business
Road Runner and get the exact same service except they open up port 80
and 25, but it's more economical to stick with DynDNS at this stage.

BC

--
Brian Chase			Phone:  386-775-5366
2345 Hillside Ave.		Fax:    309-276-2048
Orange City, FL  32763		Email:  networkr0 at cfl.rr.com

http://openalternatives.net