fdisk not found

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Fri Mar 26 02:33:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 02:01, Wayne Steenburg wrote:
> I promise this will be the last post :)
> It appears that exporting the path in this manner is only temporary.
> You could modify the .bash_profile in your home directory.  There might
> be a better way though.  I'm still kind of new at this still.

Disclaimer: it's not really a good idea to put sbin directories in the
PATH of a normal user.  Particularly not (/usr/sbin) on Fedora or Red
Hat systems as it could interfere with consolehelper if done
incorrectly.
However, the way you're doing it should be perfectly fine (/sbin last):
  export PATH=${PATH}:/sbin

You can add stuff to the system-wide profile by creating an executable
text file in /etc/profile.d/ with the appropriate name (*.sh for bash,
*.csh for csh).  Just make sure you don't remove the line in your
~/.bash_profile script which includes /etc/profile.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/