fedora-list Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1394

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Mar 26 07:03:37 UTC 2004

There's a better solution I just thought of.
I don't know enough about PAM to help you though.

Set up your pam configuration the same way that your sound card is set
up - so that whoever is logged into your box has the authority to access
the serial port device node (whatever /dev/modem is symlinked to - /dev/
ttySx) associated with your modem.

Maybe Red Hat has a wizard designed just for this?
Could someone with PAM experience respond?