Package installation in Fedora

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Mar 26 16:36:55 UTC 2004

Apostolos George Fertis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you very much for the information on up2date. I managed to run this
> command. The only problem was with the perl package, which could not be
> downloaded.
>
> I have another problem. I try to install some packages from the development
> tools section, but I get the message: "Package not found The following package
> could not be found on your system. Installation cannot continue until it is
> installed. The unlocated package is libxml2 and it is required by
> ('libxml-puthon','2.6.6','3'). Do you know how to fix this?
>
> Apostolos

I don't know if there is a problem with the libxml* rpms or what but I
could not use yum to update teh libxml stuff either.  This was on two
machines.  I ended up having to manually download the rpms and update
them manually.

This is one problem that I found with yum in that if there is a
problem with one package, yum update dies.  On two occasions it died
and said a package was updated but wasn't.  On two different machines.

I don't have my notes here about which particular package it was.

--
Robin Laing