downloading updates

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Mar 27 01:01:18 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 27.03.2004 schrieb paul um 01:12:
> I am having problems with updates for several rpms on my fedora system.
> Samba is the one I am trying to get most but am having the same problem
> with others too. I get to the point where the Package List shows up and
> I select the updates that I want i.e. smaba 3.0.2-7.FC1 and then click
> on "Forward" on the package list screen and then the Progress Dialog
> shows up but then stops there. Nothing happens after that. I have left
> the system alone overnight several times to see if eventually something
> would happen but, nothing does. I wake up in the morning hoping to see
> that it is finished and I can install it but, nothing. My connection is
> good because I can browse the net to any web site or check my Ximian
> Evolution email. What is going on? As I mentioned this happens with
> several packages. Most others are fine. Please help. Thanks, Paul

Did you set up up2date to use a mirror near you? If not please read

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror/

for instructions. Else choose a different mirror.

Then run "up2date-nox -u" on commandline for a different view on what it
does.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 01:59:53 up 7 days, 10:41, load average: 0.27, 0.17, 0.18
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]