Bogus Email- Need help to do detective work

Clint clint at penguinsolutions.org
Sun Mar 28 16:05:03 UTC 2004

Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:
> To see the raw e-mail message on mozilla , go to the "View" menu ,
> "Message body as" and choose "plain text". This will give you all the
> headers , unformatted html code , etc.
> If there are links in the message , see if they point to ip addresses..
> Send the message source to your bank  ,so can they can give this
> information to the police so they can track down these criminals.
>
> --
> Pedro Macedo

My Moz 1.6 behaves differently than described above.

To view the message as plain text, use the instructions given above, but
this will not display headers, html source code, etc. (View -> Message
body as -> plain text)

To see the *source* (html code, url's etc.), I carry out these instructions:

View -> Message Source

on the open email message. This will then allow an inspection of the
mailto's and links.
--
Clint <clint at penguinsolutions.org>