Apache cannot be started - error loading shared libraries

Sami Maisniemi sami.maisniemi at netsonic.fi
Sun Mar 28 19:20:14 UTC 2004

>>/usr/sbin/httpd: error while loading shared libraries:
>>libaprutil-0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>

>Package apr-util-0.9.4-2 missing?

The package was indeed missing. I installed the required RPMs and then I
needed to set the permissions correctly. However, the following error
message is printed:

[smaisnie at dhcppc9 smaisnie]$ /usr/sbin/apachectl restart
httpd not running, trying to start
(13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:443
Unable to open logs

I propably need to set the address ... but how? Where the sockect
configuration can be found? In my apache configuration file it has been
set correctly:

ServerName dhcppc9:80

Regards Sami