Viewing Hindi/devanagri/indic languages

Mikko Paananen mikko at ipi.fi
Mon Mar 29 11:30:06 UTC 2004

ma, 2004-03-29 kello 00:34, Sandeep Shekhar Prasad kirjoitti:
> I am facing problems viewing websites having hindi or any other Indian
> languages in FC1 irrespective of the browser. How can and where from can I
> get the hindi fonts and how to install them to help me view the Indian
> Languages sites.
> I will appreciate all the responses.

This was discussed on fedora-test-list some days ago, see thread:
"Bad or non implemented Greek (and other) fonts?"

Hindi etc., however is written with alphabet called devanagari
so get fonts here: http://www.indlinux.org/downloads/

Also, you have to recompile Mozilla cvs version to display it correctly,
read this message (and thread) for discussion:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-utf8@nl.linux.org/msg04483.html
It seems that software support for complex scripts in Mozilla is not
there yet.