No Mixer?

Wolfgang Gill wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Tue Mar 30 04:39:33 UTC 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:32:45 -0800, Austin Isler wrote
> Recently the power went out in my home, and it was off for a number
> of hours. When the power was restored, my box powered back up. To my
> surprise though as I logged into Xserver is that I get no sound. I
> noticed the KMix icon down in my panel had and X by it. When I
> clicked on it asks me which mixer to use. There is no mixer to
> select :( . Fedora detects my sound card so I know its not an issue
> with that. I'm wondering if its an issue with the drivers. I just
> cant believe a power outage would cause this. If anyone has any
> ideas I surely welcome them. :)
>
> Austin

I found that with Fedora I don't get sound at times when logging onto the
Xserver as well. I found the way around it is to log off, then log back in
again. And that fixes that issue. I don't know why it does it either, as
Fedora uses the same driver version (For my card - Creative Audigy) as RH9
did. But it's one way around it that I know of.

Wolf