No Signal from Laptop Dock Station to Monitor via DVI

Keven Ring keven at mitre.org
Tue Mar 30 13:28:56 UTC 2004

I have a Dock Station at work that has both VGA and DVI outputs.  With
the VGA output, I can get a signal to my external flat-panel display.
However, the monitor indicates that there is no signal via the DVI
connection.

The cable and connection are fine, as it works in XP. ;(

Any thoughts on what might need to be done to resolve this for Linux?
My guess would be a kernel module to tweak the dock station settings.
Anyone know of a project that is working on this?

BTW, FC1, 2.4.2174 kernel on a Dell D600.

Thanks!