fedora-list Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1394

Parameshwara Bhat pbhat at ongc.net
Tue Mar 30 17:51:19 UTC 2004

Dear Michael,

I have used wvdial - unwittingly though - through WEBMIN. There it works
,but when I issue command it can't open modem even after I suided
/usr/bin/wvdial ( Is it necessary to set suid when ownership is changed to
'dialout' group comprising users and root ? )

But disadvantage is lack of GUI though webmin provides it somewhat.And
other members of my family are already cursing me for having dispensed
with Windows 98 which was so friendly !

Thanks,

Parameshwara Bhat