GPG signatures and list mail

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Mar 31 17:01:34 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 31.03.2004 schrieb Randy Kelsoe um 18:19:

> I'm using Mozilla ThunderBird, and not seeing any problems with your
> signature. I noticed you don't always digitally sign your messages, though.

That is right. I once started to GPG sign list mails, then noticed that
I did not really can control the cases where mailman as the list manager
program destroyed the whole signed message and makes it unreadable.
Lately I recognized that a new mailman handles GPG signed messages
different: in Evolution I see a thin horizontal line between the
signature icon and the list footer. So I thought that issue was fixed
and I started again to sign my messages. Though, it was not fixed and I
had to resend messages unsigned because the first message was destroyed.
Some mail I send unsigned even the first time when I think it might be a
candidate for the mailman bug.

Alexander

P.S. I send this one unsigned because I would like to get as much
feedback to this topic as possible

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 18:47:55 up 12 days, 2:29, load average: 0.26, 0.84, 0.70
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]