Command-line mail program that can send mail FROM multipleaccounts?

Bob Shaffer fedora at bobshafferscomputer.com
Sat May 1 11:59:44 UTC 2004

> On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 08:49:02AM -0700, Preston Crawford wrote:
>> My wife has a couple different domain names and consequently a couple
>> different maildrops. I'm thinking of setting up an SSH server, fetchmail
>> and a command line mail program so she can check/send email remotely
>> from these multiple accounts. Is there a program that can handle this?
>> Pine wants to do <username>@whatever-domain-you-put-in-the-config.com.
>> I'd like her to be able to choose the from address, kind of like you can
>> in Evolution, Outlook, and other gui email programs. Any ideas?
>>
>> Preston

It's not a cli program, but I figured I would mention that squirrelmail
can do this.  I'm pretty sure it's included with FC1, too.  You can
actually set up multiple "identities" and then pick whatever one you want
out of a drop down box.  Squirrelmail is web-based e-mail, just in case
you didn't know that.

Bob Shaffer