1 of 2 CDROM freezes

amar_for_linux amar_for_linux at hotmail.com
Sun May 2 11:52:05 UTC 2004

Hi guys, know not what the ^M issue is, this is from an hotmail account,
client is incredimail.

I was able to solve the CDROM issue. For the record, below is what I did:

1. custom installed FC1. Chose kernel development rpms, these will allow me
to recompile.
2. ran make menuconfig and enabled options for IDE setup. There are lot of
options in there, chose the appropriate ones for my hardware.
3. rebuilt the kernel (make dep, make bzImage, make modules, make
modules_install)
4. Restarted the system.

Both IDE and SCSI drives are functional now.

Thanks!
amar