rc.sysinit parameters (Was: Grub boot options - updatedkernelhangs)

Dave drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Sun May 2 18:58:26 UTC 2004

> D> Are there any boot time commands for passing X Monitor
> D> syncronization settings for vertical and horisontal?
>
> From: "Jason L Tibbitts III" <tibbs at math.uh.edu>
>
> Not as far as I know.  There are kernel parameters for selecting the
> console resolution and refresh rate, but X is free to reset that.
> What are you trying to do?

when I installed FC1 the graphical install wouldn't work and after a text
install I couldn't get into the system as the probe for my monitor too a
generic Syncmaster, not the actual model (Not listed in database).  I
manually changed the XF86Config file for the proper parameters.

As the new kernels won't work on my K8V A64 3200+ system. I was going to
install the release x86_64 and I wanted to pass the parameters ahead of time
to avoid the problems.

Dave