kudzu interaction with printers w/o standby mode (Canon BJC 255)

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Mon May 3 01:58:32 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 11:22, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 11:14:31AM +1000, Matt Hansen wrote:
> > >
> > > When run with --class=<blah>, it only probes for that class. Hence,
> > > it sees all the things aside from that class as removed.
> > >
> > > Bill
> Well the above makes no sense to me. From the man page I would assume
> runing: kudzu --class=<blah> would probebe only for that calss meaning
> all other classes of fevices woiuld be ignoref. Not that it would try
> to remove all the other devices which is what it does. I guess a
> bugzilla is in order if this continues to be a problem in FC2.

Well I understand your logic on the way this should be interpreted. If
--class is only probing one particular class, IMHO, it *should* ignore
the other classes instead of thinking they're removed. Bill, is this
worthy of a bugzilla?

Regards,
-Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.