USB hotplug updfstab question

Andrew Robinson awrobinson at cox.net
Mon May 3 04:37:16 UTC 2004

The Premise: I've got an external disk drive in a USB 2.0 enclosure that
I would like to have automatically mounted when I plug it into my FC1
computer. I seem to be up to the point of getting it automatically mounted.

Current State: Based on info I've found on this listserv, I added an
entry to updfstab.conf for the drive. That seems to work, as an entry is
created in the /etc/fstab file and a mount point is created in /mnt.
Digging a little further, I found a very nice message from Jason
Cortezzo, who seemed to point to the /etc/hotplug/usb/usb-storage
script. I created a script at that path and verified that it was
executed. Now the problem. updfstab does not seem to get run until
/etc/hotplug/usb/usb-storage is completed. I can sucessfully mount the
drive from the CLI at this point, but I would really like to automate
that step as well.

The Question: How do I automate the mounting of the drive?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson