FC1 and Belkin OmniView 4-port switch

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon May 3 05:39:52 UTC 2004

At 20:56 5/2/2004, you wrote:
>Been wanting to try some of the newer units out there.  Last time I
>looked there were some nice ones that used a single cable that used
>pigtails to connect to the systems.  Problem there is cost.  Based on my
>experience I would recommend almost anything else besides Belkin.

Avocent (née Cybex) makes fantastic gear. I have two of their four-port
SwitchView series, and love them. To lower the cost, I got my KVM cables
from NewEgg for something like $10 each and they have also worked
beautifully. I highly recommend Avocent, and I also recommend that people
buy longer cables (10' at least) to make system and switchbox placement easier.

I've heard too many "Belkin is cheap and doesn't work too well" stories to
be comfortable trying their stuff, but have no first-hand experience with it.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com