up2date crash error -2

Marc Siegel mlsiegel at ll.mit.edu
Mon May 3 14:00:04 UTC 2004

Hi Duncan,
I want up2date to work mostly so I can have a mostly hands-off approach
to keeping my system up to date ... or up2date as the branding implies ;)

So yeah using wget was a good call - apparently some machinery here
works with HTTP_PROXY and some with http_proxy, which was news to me.
Setting them both up with a simplified hostname to the proxy seems to be
working, I am going to but those declarations in /etc/profile and see if
everything starts to work.

Marc