Firefox and Fedora

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Mon May 3 14:04:22 UTC 2004

Matthew Miller said:
> As I understand it, those two questions basically answer each other.
> Firefox and Thunderbird are both pre-1.0.

pre 1.0 means nothing as far as production ready.  version numbers are
arbitrary, and the open source community is alot more hesitant to label
things 1.0 than alot of things on the windows side of town.

i have 135 packages (i admit i subscribe to extras, but that's the only
non core package list i install from) that are pre 1.0, 7 that are pre 0.2
and one that is pre 0.1 (printman)

-d

[root at smallberries root]# rpm -qa --queryformat "%{VERSION} %{NAME}\n" |
grep '^0\.' | wc -l
    135
[root at smallberries root]# rpm -qa --queryformat "%{VERSION} %{NAME}\n" |
grep '^0\.0\.' | wc -l
      1
[root at smallberries root]# rpm -qa --queryformat "%{VERSION} %{NAME}\n" |
grep '^0\.1\.' | wc -l
      7

-+(duncan brown
-+(duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
-+(http://www.linuxadvocate.net

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy
evidence of the fact.
                -- George Eliot