Firefox and Fedora

Mariano Draghi mdraghi at prosud.com
Mon May 3 14:45:45 UTC 2004

Paul Vandenberg escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if Fedora plans to include Firefox in the core distro
> sometime? What are Fedora's browser plans when SeaMonkey is put out to
> pasture?

Some weeks ago there was an announce on the fedora-desktop list, showing
a preview of a Bluecurve icon set for Firefox.
That was kind of "official", as it was done by the same guy / team who
is working in the Bluecurve artwork for OpenOffice.

Firefox is near to reach 1.0, the next version (0.9) will be
feature-complete and will be based on Mozilla 1.7, which is meant to be
the next stable Mozilla branch (previously 1.4).

I really hope to see an official Firefox build for Fedora soon... and I
believe the above mentioned discussion in fedora-desktop shows that
there is some work taking place in that direction.

Regards,

--
Mariano