Tackling a shared USB printer (linux -> WXP)

brions at poetryproject.net brions at poetryproject.net
Mon May 3 15:01:21 UTC 2004

Greetings all.

I did not find any archive threads that specifically addressed the printer
issues I'm having, so I apologize if I'm asking a commonly-asked question.

Configuration:
I have a Canon S630 USB printer attached to a machine running Fedora Core 1
linux.  The printer works fine on the linux machine (can print CUPS test page
w/o issue) and using the Printer GUI configuration tool I have enabled sharing
for all hosts on my LAN.  I also have SAMBA configured and running and am able
to sucessfully share three directories with a Windows XP machine, a Windows
2000 Pro machine, and a Mac iBook runing OS X.