Old farts and new Linux (was: new FC1 install problems)

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Mon May 3 16:44:42 UTC 2004

dsyates said:
> I am 37 and I started using linux when I was 29. All 4 of my six
> computers are running linux.
> To be almost 30, you have some serious misconceptions.

i'm 28 and i've been using linux since i was 17.  it's not a misconception
per-se, it's just that most people that i know who use computers go for
the "longer established" (in their heads) windows 9X/XP, and it's
interesting to me when there's someone that's older and went with the (as
my mom puts it) "hippie o/s".  i converted her over to fedora back in
december.

> Linux User since 1996

linux user since 1993.  nyah.

-+(duncan brown
-+(duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
-+(http://www.linuxadvocate.net

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy
evidence of the fact.
                -- George Eliot