yum update <doesn't>

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon May 3 17:28:47 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:

>>>Please copy and paste the output.
>>>

>>Yum.conf
>>

>That is, in a word, ugly.  I would suggest at least going through it and
>weeding out the duplicate repos (I see at least 3 entries for Fedora
>Updates).
>

>>and output of running 'yum update' with this config file
>>

>yum won't see the XFree86-libs = 4.3.0-55 (the updated version needed for
>the other XFree86 updates) because you have "exclude=XFree86-libs*" in the
>[main] section of your yum.conf.

Thanks,  I will make the changes and try it.

NOTE However, that this yum.conf file is exacly the version that was
posted on this list earlier.  I suppose I did not note the problem with
XFree86 earlier since this is likely the first time XFrre86 was updated
since the initial core release on this distro.

Maybe someone could post a better yum.conf file copy for an example.