Command-line mail program that can send mail FROM multiple accounts?

Aaron Matteson fedora at cryptosystem.us
Mon May 3 17:51:50 UTC 2004

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook became daring and sent these 1.4K bytes,
> It would appear that on May 1, Aaron Matteson did say:
> > Preston Crawford became daring and sent these 0.6K bytes,
> > > My wife has a couple different domain names and consequently a couple
> > > different maildrops. I'm thinking of setting up an SSH server, fetchmail
> > > and a command line mail program so she can check/send email remotely
> > > from these multiple accounts. Is there a program that can handle this?
> > > Pine wants to do <username>@whatever-domain-you-put-in-the-config.com.
> > > I'd like her to be able to choose the from address, kind of like you can
> > > in Evolution, Outlook, and other gui email programs. Any ideas?
> > In my opinion Mutt is the best solution. Easy to set this up within its
> > config for multiple boxes.
> Pardon my intrusion Aaron. But I'm curious...
> Normally I'm a pine user who hasn't yet bothered with "Roles" which is
> supposed to be able to do what the OP wanted. But what I've read about
> pines roles says that currently it not only can change the "From:"
> address, based on selected role, but can even change which SMTP server to
> send the reply with...
> What I'd like to know, is can Mutt's multiple mailbox config set
> different SMTP's for each box?

You can "change role" so to speak and set custom settings depending on
the current mailbox you have setup. You can look over my config if you
like @ http://mindstorm.ath.cx:8080/configs/muttrc, keep in mind i can
make it all look a lot prettier and get rid of some redundancy, but it
will show you one of the ways it can be done.

If there are any other Q's just ask, i will answer asap (usually within
2 days) :)

--
  0 1 0  -> Aaron M Matteson - 0xD144B7FF
  0 0 1  --> The worlds tallest dwarf, both kindly and helpful!