new FC1 install problems

Frederic Herman fherman at inferential.com
Mon May 3 18:08:57 UTC 2004

duncan brown wrote:

>Gene Heskett said:
>

>>Both :)  And an old fart (69) to boot. I started on much much simpler
>>machines back in the 70's, writing a commercialy used app for the RCA
>>1802 cpu with nothing but the programmer manual and the machines hex
>>monitor.  Unforch, thats ill-equipt me to deal with os's whose src  code
>>is in the general area of 200 megabytes. :(
>>

>completely offtopic, so please excuse me alexander.
>
>and i don't mean to insult you in anyway, but... i wonder who's the oldest
>computer literate linux user out there?  i sort of have the mentality of
>the hippies back in the 60s/70s, don't trust anyone over 30 =] ... it's
>hard for me to believe that someone over 30 uses linux personally, once
>you're over 30 you have to start thinking more like a manager =]... then
>again, i'm almost over that line, but i don't feel like i'm that close =]
>
>-d
>
>-+(duncan brown
>-+(duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
>-+(http://www.linuxadvocate.net
>
>()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
>/\                        - against microsoft attachments
>
>Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy
>evidence of the fact.
>                -- George Eliot

<2-cents>
I'll be 59 this month.  I run 6 linux (Fedora Core 1).  Both my
workstation and laptop run the same.  My 4 yr old daughter's PC also
runs Fedora.  I founded the Pikes Peak Linus Users Group (PPLUG.ORG) and
work exclusively in open source solutions including two projects with
the State of Colorado.  What else...  well I could go on about myself.
But to sum up my position, having come from a Microsoft Developers
environment, my experience says that Linux is far easier to install and
manage, and is far more reliable than any OS from the beast. </2-cents>