Old farts and new Linux

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Mon May 3 21:16:24 UTC 2004

Gene Heskett said:
> On Monday 03 May 2004 14:23, Edward Croft wrote:
>>On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 14:19, Michael Gargiullo wrote:
>>> On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 14:08, John Nichel wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> program on be considered a 'hippie o/s'?  ;)
>>>
>>> I had one of those...  With the membrain keyboard...  I had to
>>> upgrade though when the Atari 800 XL came out :)
>>
>>Gee, and I started programming on a VIC 20 with a tape drive. Shall,
>> we resurrect the Commodore / Atari wars? :-P
>>
> Naw, cause then we'ed have to admit the coco was the better machine.

What was wrong with the TRS-80 CoCo 2?  It was my first computer.  I
remember upgrading it to 64K of memory, and being amused by the weird
things I could do to the operating system since the processor could only
handle 32K at a time.  And there was a lot of good support for it; at
least two thick full-color magazines, if I recall.

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)