Old farts and new Linux

alex radsky at ncia.net
Mon May 3 21:29:43 UTC 2004

dsyates wrote:
> Around 03:44pm on Monday, May 03, 2004 (UK time), duncan brown scrawled:

> I am 37 and I started using linux when I was 29. All 4 of my six
> computers are running linux.
> To be almost 30, you have some serious misconceptions.

There comes a time when there's some validity to the label OF.

I'm a relative newcomer to computers and particularly Linux,
with no formal training.

I started at age 76 back in 1994 on a Commodure C64, graduated
to a Quantex a few years later running Win95/98/98SE.  Then when
Sam's 'Teach yourself Linux in 24 hours' came out with a RedHat
5.0 CD, took a chance and now at age 86 have 6 different Linuxes
installed with a couple of double installations. The old Qantex
is slow by today's standards but otherwise still doing a good job.

I'm by no means a Linux expert so depend a lot on the various
lists and web pages for information.  My biggest accomplishment
is a set of aliases that that lets me access any other system
(including MS Windows) to copy/move/edit from whichever Linux I
happen to be running.

  alex