Redhat Support Sucks!!!!

Aaron Matteson fedora at cryptosystem.us
Mon May 3 21:48:59 UTC 2004

Tommy Reynolds became daring and sent these 1.6K bytes,
> Uttered Scott Burch <scott at bulldoginfo.com>, spake thus:
>
> > I had a customer that just needed to feel good by purchasing telephone
> > support, so I installed RedHat.  We had an issue with a driver, I called
> > RedHat and almost a month later have not heard back from them (even though
> > we purchased the 4 hour response contract).
>
> Well, I certainly hope you haven't let this issue just fester for a
> month!  Stay on top of tech support.  File reports with Bugzilla.
> It's _your_ responsibility to see that you get your money's worth.
> You know, squeeky wheel and all that...

I agree. Can't just sit around and wait if you do not hear back. Stay on
top of it, call them back if there is a time problem like that and let
someone know about it so it can delt with, just like anywhere else. Who
knows, things happen and it may not have been an intentional error. And
basing "Support sucks" on one incident it hardly fair.

--
  0 1 0  -> Aaron M Matteson - 0xD144B7FF
  0 0 1  --> The worlds tallest dwarf, both kindly and helpful!