Old farts and new Linux

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue May 4 05:08:17 UTC 2004

Let's see just how off topic we can get ...

Karl Hakmiller writes:
> > Folks...Step back a minute.  Linus was born 28 December 1969.  That's 35
> > years old now.

Alan Olson responds:
> So sometime in 2037 or 2038 we will find out if Linus is signed or
> unsigned?

Keith kvetches:
By my math, Linus is 34y 4m old.  According to the gigasecond server
( http://www.araneus.fi/gigasecond/ ) he will be 2^31 seconds old on
Friday January 15, 2038 ( He was 2^30 seconds old on Jan. 7 this year).

But with cryonics, nanotechnology and proper precautions, perhaps he
will turn out to be a 64 bit quantity.  Here's hoping.  Imagine, 10 digit
major kernel numbers...  :-)

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom           keithl at ieee.org         Voice (503)-520-1993