fresh upgrade from rh8.0 to FC1, gtk etc problems

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue May 4 11:01:48 UTC 2004

I have a 3 part $PACKAGE_CONF_PATH (or whatever its named), as follows
since I have kde3.2, installed in /root as the default face on this
box:

[root at coyote /]# echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/root/kde3.2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

There are duplicates of various ages in these seperate dirs and I
obviously need to do some space patrol.

Since the install, and in fact before it, I gradually became aware of
gtk/gdk problems.  I'm determined to get rid of one of the pkgconfig
directories as its obviously obsolete after the install of FC1.
Forceibly re-installing a package being complained about by a
Makefile is not solving my problems due to finding the wrong includes
and libs etc, etc.

Which one of /usr/lib/pkgconfig and /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig dirs is
now the correct place to reference for the *.pc files on an FC1
updated box?

Where also, did the install put all the -devel includes so I can get
rid of the older/out of date ones in the other tree?

Ditto question for libs?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)