TurboTax Replacement (was: Quicken Replacement )

Adam Killian akillian at footlocker.com
Tue May 4 23:46:30 UTC 2004

>Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 17:13:25 -0400
>From: Mike Jang <michael at ywow.org>
>Subject: TurboTax Replacement (was: Quicken Replacement )
>To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
>[snip]
>
>I don't think GNUCash really cuts it, but I recognize there are people
>working on the Quicken compatibility / feature issue. However, I don't
>hear any mention of (U.S.) Tax software.
>
>Is there anything on the horizon for a Linux port or some GNU substitute
>for TurboTax? Or do people here who no longer use MS Windows just do
>their taxes with a pencil (or an accountant who probably uses MS
>Windows)?
>
>I think this is the last big unscratched itch before Linux can seriously
>penetrate the consumer desktop market.
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

I did my taxes this year with Fedora.  (Ok, I cheated)  I just pointed
mozilla to HRblock.com.
Works for me!

About 2 weeks ago, I finally hunkered down and started using Gnucash for
all my personal finance stuff.  The learning curve is a bit ugly, but
now that I got past that, I really like it.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Adam