ldconfig error?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed May 5 02:10:29 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 15:34, Ted Gervais wrote:
>I installed Fedora core1 about a week ago and while things are
> generally pretty good I get this error when I run 'ldconfig -v'.
>
>        libssl.so.4 -> libssl.so.0.9.7a
>        libanl.so.1 -> libanl-2.3.2.so
>        libdb-4.1.so -> libdb-4.1.so
>        libSegFault.so -> libSegFault.so
>        libacl.so.1 -> libacl.so.1.1.0
>        libproc.so.2.0.17 -> libproc.so.2.0.17
>        libpwdb.so.0 -> libpwdb.so.0.62
>        libtermcap.so.2 -> libtermcap.so.2.0.8
>        ld-linux.so.2 -> ld-2.3.2.so
>        libBrokenLocale.so.1 -> libBrokenLocale-2.3.2.so
>/usr/lib:
>ldconfig: Cannot stat /usr/lib/libgmpxx.so: No such file or
> directory

Thats because the plain .so file is usualy a link to something with a
better version number in its name, and the updating process didn't do
an adequate job of cleaning such things up.  I had several of those
when it was done. Remove it, and then ask yum with 'yum provides
libgmpxx.so' and then rpm -ivh that rpm from the cd's again, which
*should* fix it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)