Urgent help needed with Login problems after installation of FC1

Gary Rickert garyrickert at comcast.net
Wed May 5 03:31:25 UTC 2004

/var/log/messages says [GDM 1782] Couldn't set acct. mgmt for userid's

Sysctl -a looks very similar to the file jludwig sent with one exception
that I noticed, I have no fs.binfmt_misc... entries. I have no idea what I
am looking at. My kernel version #1 Wed Oct 29. Kernel release is
2.4.22-1.2115.nptl. I have no idea what I should be looking for though.