Need help (of course) setting up network

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed May 5 04:55:29 UTC 2004

At 10:50 5/4/2004, you wrote:
>Well I guess it was too good to be true. Some one to help me. Sorry for
>bothering you with my problems I'll just struggle through on my own.

You're kidding, right? I'm still waiting to see your last message... or
perhaps I missed it.

Given that everyone and anyone will be attempting to help you remotely,
without being able to see or touch the system, and because of the many
limitations this imposes, you really *are* supposed to figure things out
yourself. However, we *will* do our best to help you. I've been on the Red
Hat List at least a good six or seven years now... and I've both given and
received a great deal of help in that time, so I'm not going away. Neither
is anyone else.

Post again with your current status and whatever you've tried, or point me
to any previous message you posted which I might have missed. You can
copy/paste or provide a URL, whatever is easier. Don't get all ruffled,
though... no one is purposely ignoring you or "dissing" you as they in the
States would say. If you don't get a useful answer, then probably:

  1. no one can think of anything useful to suggest
  2. you have not formulated the question well
  3. you need to provide a lot more detail
  4. people who could help you (or try) didn't read the message

Try again!

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz