Fedora core 1 install problem

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Wed May 5 13:08:11 UTC 2004

> ok, i can now install fedora C1, but there is another problem, when I start
> the system after the installation I see the services loading, but the system
> hangs when tying to load firstboot... any suggestions?

snip
You can go interactive two ways.

1) By editing the grub boot and adding the word confirm as below.

kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl ro root=/dev/hda5 confirm

2) By hitting the 'i' key when asked if you want interactive mode

The first is far easier on a fast machine.

3) It will then ask if you want to start a bunch of stuff (including
 first boot).
--
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>