RedHat Support Sucks!!!

Scott Burch scott at bulldoginfo.com
Wed May 5 14:57:18 UTC 2004

>That was my first thought as well, but I talked directly to him, and he was following up with RedHat, and not getting the response or attention his problem needed. In this case, the wheel squeaked, but was allowed to fall off anyway.
>
>We also talked about providing a bit more detail beyond his
>conclusions, which he did in a later message. Since that message, he
>has received several suggestions here, and some new attention from
>RedHat. I have to agree though that his initial attempt to find relief
>through RedHat would have left a bad taste in my mouth as well.

>My hope is that he is now on a path that will lead to a solution.

Thank you Robert for defending my honor! :)  Yes, I have been doing this
for over 20 years, and have not experienced such poor support from a
company.  It is not that they have not solved the issue, but that they
are rude and don't get back to me.  They treat me like I am bothering
them, not like a paying customer.  Many people had warned me about
RedHat, but I did not listen.

Needless to say, this is the first and last time I will be installing
RedHat.  This is for several reasons, not just that their customer
service is extremely poor.

My original note was just to let people know how much I appreciate this
forum, and that I have received great information here.  And, it's free!
So, why pay RedHat for substandard treatment?