postgresql

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Wed May 5 15:21:26 UTC 2004

Richard E Miles said:
> |I have postgresql server running on my system however when the system
> |restarts I always have to run postmaster ?D postgresSQL is there a
> |command to get this to run automatically so I don?t have to do this
> over |and over again.
>

> You need to set postgress to run at startup.
> chkconfig -add postgresql
> reboot

wrong syntax, slmost wrong direction.

the postgresql rpm should automatically do the
chkconfig --add postgresql
(notice the double -)
and then you wnat to make sure that it's running at runlevels 3 and 5

chkconfig --level 35 postresql on

also, if you're a CLIaphobe, do this:

(start/redhat/whatever) -> system settings -> server settings -> services

you can enable and disable through that.

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991