OT: New low for Microsoft!

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Wed May 5 16:06:43 UTC 2004

admin at kclinux.net said:
> And if your a gamer, Doom3 and Half Life 2 will definately need more
> horsepower than 700mhz. :)

you know, i havn't seriously played a game on the pc since i was doing TDs
on warcraft 3 quite a long time ago, and before that it was all return to
castle wolfenstein on my 500MHz athlon and my voodoo 3 under linux which
ran just fine, thank you very much =]

i've already written to several game companies that once windows 98 is no
longer supported by their games that they'll no longer see my contribution
to their quarterly earnings.  my wife has an xp 2000+ and a geforce3 ti
200 on 98se (that came with a computer i bought AGES ago) for warcraft 3,
and that's the only windows box in the house.  if wc3 was on linux, she
wouldn't be using windows at all (a message directly from her).

-d

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991