Mozilla 1.6 and yum

Rolf Gerrits rm.gerrits at quicknet.nl
Thu May 6 02:39:02 UTC 2004

Kevin wrote:

>Anyone out there have the url for a yum repository that will upgrade my
>mozilla (1.4) to the latest 1.6 version?
>Thanks

Kevin,
I have these 3 lines in my /etc/yum.conf  file.

[mozilla-seamonkey]
name=Mozilla SeaMonkey Current $releasever
baseurl=http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/yum/SeaMonkey/releases/current/redhat/$releasever

$ yum check-update  ... will show which update's are available ( Mozilla
should now be among them  )
$ yum update mozilla  ... will udate mozilla to the current release ( 1.6 ).

Note, that I did not used this myself yet ... should work though
... if I am wrong about this, please let someone tel me.

Rolf