SpeedTouch USB modem and Fedora

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Thu May 6 09:48:34 UTC 2004

Hello Matt,

Be so kind not to post in html.

> I have read that this modem should be perfectly supported by Linux,
> but that does not seem to be the case here.

Try googling. Look for instructions on how to use the kernel mode driver
(in contrast to the user mode driver). You need to upload the firmware
with modem_run, which is available in the speedbundle, but also in the
user mode rpm available at
http://www.ottolander.nl/opensource/speedtouch/speedtouch.html . I think
the rpm you downloaded might be built on another distribution
(Mandrake?). Note that for the kernel mode driver you do not need any of
the other files from the rpm. Those are for use with the user mode
driver only.

Leonard.