having big time to get r8169 based gigabit ethernet cards to work

neil neilcuk at aol.com
Thu May 6 15:28:40 UTC 2004

stephane.tranchemer at devinci.fr wrote:

>>I guess I'm not the one having such troubles since the r8169 based
>>

>cards
>

>>seem to spread rapidly amoung the new motherboard with gigabit ethernet
>>included, so I would be a shame not to change the code in the fedora
>>kernel sources and not release a new kernel that incorporate the fix.
>>

>I meaned "IT would be a shame" ... :)

I've got one of those and did have trouble with the early FC1 release.
It's working reasonably well now - and works perfectly under FC2test3.
Like all new devices, it can take a period of time to get an excellent
driver. Of course, if you are like me, you might want to try
contributing your own drivers:
http://safari.oreilly.com/?XmlId=0-59600-008-1

Emphasis is on the 'try' in my case ;-)

neil