megaraid driver on a PE2650

Avery schrock at dayzed.com
Fri May 7 02:22:35 UTC 2004

I am running a PowerEdge 2650, 1gig of ram, raid 5, single xeon 2.4 Ghz processor, with a
PERC3, DC, 128MB, 1 Internal & 1 External Channel
I am using the megaraid driver.
I am running kernel-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl

[root at mail /]# /sbin/hdparm -t /dev/sda
/dev/sda:
Timing buffered disk reads:   60 MB in  3.14 seconds =  19.11 MB/sec

This is slow as hell. I am running fedora core 1. I ran this machine on suse 8.1 as a
test and it was around 125 MB/sec. I am testing this machine out with fedora before I
buy Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES for a full production server. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

--
Avery