Bittorrent Client ??

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri May 7 15:48:48 UTC 2004

On Friday 07 May 2004 08:36, Brian Hankins wrote:
>Ben Steeves wrote:
>>On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 02:10, Lampiasi at Bellsouth.Net wrote:
[...]

All this talk about BT has me hungering to make it work here.
Unforch, this machine is behind another machine running iptables
bolted down solidly, as in I could give you my ip address as seen
from the network side, and the only thing you'd find there is a
closed identd port, everything else doesn't respond.  iptables is
doing NAT, MASQUERADING and a  couple more things I've probably
forgotten.

I have the white DSL modem verizon uses, which is on the LAN port of a
linksys BEFSR41 router, regular port 1 of which feeds ethernet card
eth0 in the fireall, and the firewall feeds this machine thru eth1.
No other cable are plugged into the router at present, although I
might have a cable to the workshop computer plugged in there
eventually.  Schematicly it looks like this:

DSL modem<->LAN port on router<->switch port 1 on router<->eth0 in
firewall<->iptables<->eth1 in firewall<->eth0 on this machine

I have opened a port range in iptables that BT uses (I think, here
is that line from /etc/sysconfig/iptables on the firewall)

[0:0] -A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 6881:6889 -j ACCEPT

How would I go about running BT under these conditions?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)