OpenOffice 1.1.1

John Nichel john at kegworks.com
Fri May 7 15:55:58 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Fr, den 07.05.2004 schrieb John Nichel um 17:30:
>

>>>$ yum install checkinstall
>>
>>I do this, and get....
>>
>>Cannot find a package matching checkinstall
>>No actions to take
>

>>John C. Nichel
>

> Yes, that is the problem when people say: "just" run yum install <foo>,
> having not in mind that the whole thing is dependent on which
> repositories are configured, when the package is not part of the Core.
>
> http://dag.wieers.com/packages/checkinstall/
>
> At least there at Dag's site I found a package for FC1.
>
> Alexander

Yeah, I found that page right after I sent the email.  Figured this
would be a nice easy way for me to make rpm's for all the systems I have
to mess with (instead of the 'old fashioned' way ;).  I tried it out on
a box that I already have php installed from source, so I just did a
make clean and removed the config.cache, and rebuilt php from scratch
with my options.  Instead of make install, I did the checkinstall, and
it built a RPM like promised, but the RPM wasn't built to the custom way
I have things installed. eg, I had configured php with iconv, and
installed iconv from source in /usr/local, but for some reason when I
try to use the rpm on the same machine that it was built on (and php
with iconv is running fine), it tells me that it failed the dependicies
for libiconv.so.2 (which is in /usr/local/lib instead of /usr/lib as the
iconv rpm installs it).  Course, it could be that it's barffing because
iconv isn't in the RPM database on this box (since it was installed from
source).

Okay, I'm rambling, and getting off topic.  *L*

--
John C. Nichel
KegWorks.com
john at kegworks.com