Configure multiple ethernet interfaces

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri May 7 16:31:22 UTC 2004

At 14:58 5/6/2004, you wrote:
>What I want to be able to do is to keep the config for eth0 and start fresh
>with eth1-5.  For example, first I'd configure eth1 and test.  Then, I'd try
>to configure the 4-port card (eth2-5).

If you know what your eth1 card is, then the first step is to add something
like:

alias eth1 3c509

to /etc/modules.conf.

Then create /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 and try to bring up
the interface.

However, I'm not clear on whether kudzu detected eth1 at all. Try running
"kudzu" at the command prompt as root... you want kudzu to detect it first,
then you can configure it.

May not be a perfect answer, but it's all I got right now.

If I may OT, which dual- or quad-port Ethernet cards would you recommend?

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com