sendmail

Ron Goulard foz at techville.org
Fri May 7 23:04:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 18:44, Nina Pham wrote:
> Hi I setup the email server on my FC1 system. I have problem sending and
> receiving mail. Please bare with me, I need to explain the problem. I
> have one email server from my work with is working fine( gibbons.com).
> And I try setup the new email server which I name it
> barracuda.gibbons.com. I also name it as a alias gibbonsmail.com. The
> alias gibbonsmail.com never works. I did 3 things here.
>     1. I email from my new server(barracuda.gibbons.com) to my yahoo
> account, my gibbons.com(the working server), it gets through. The
> receivers receive the email. I send to my hotmail account, don't know
> what happen there, my hotmail account never receives the email, and
> there's no Mail Delivery Subsystem send back to the sender. I send tomy
> sbcglobal.net account, it fails, the Mail Deliver Subsystem got back.
>     2. I email from my working server. It successfully sent to
> nina at barracua.gibbons.com, but fail on nina at barracuda.gibbonsmail.com,
> and nina at gibbonsmail.com.(Delivery subsystem got back)
>     3. I email from my yahoo account  it failed all( the Deliver
> Subsystem got back). The receivers are nina.barracuda.gibbonsmail.com,
> nina at gibbonsmail.com, nina at barracuda.gibbons.com. Even though yahoo
> account can receive the mail from nina at barracuda.gibbons.com.
> Any idea?

Nina, I don't see an MX entry for gibbonsmail.com.

(ie. doing 'dig mx gibbonsmail.com  +short' returns nothing)

You will need one in DNS (and register that domain name, it returns 'no
match').  If you've entered one, it may not have propagated yet.  This
would explain why it can't deliver the mail to those addresses.

Ron