Scripts, filters and attachments in Evolution 1.4

Mike Hogsett hogsett at csl.sri.com
Fri May 7 23:20:38 UTC 2004

> a) delete duplicated emails in inbox folders of evolution 1.4, using a
> script?

It isn't an evolution 1.4 specific solution, but if you can use procmail
as a local deliver agent (either implicitly of via a .forward file) you
can put the following rule in ~/.procmailrc to filter out duplicate
messages :

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Detect Duplicate Messages - See procmailex man page.
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

> b) create a filter/rule to automatically save attachments of emails from
> specific senders? (w/evolution 1.4)

Again this __could__ be done with procmail, but it would be somewhat of
a kludge.

> c) read MS Access reports sent as snapshots (.snp) files with linux
> (don't blame me. Is the format used at the office to distribute
> reports attached to emails...)

Good luck.

 - Mike