tripwire not in FC1?

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Sat May 8 03:19:29 UTC 2004

neil wrote:

> abonnema at xs4all.nl wrote:
>> I still think it would be quite useful: what could replace tripwire
>> i.e. has the same functionality?
>>
>> Guus.
>
> although not identical - the RPM verification feature can tell you what
> file(s) from a particular package have changed since installation. Use:
>
> RPM -Va
>
> to run this check against the entire install. Of course, this is only
> useful if you are installing everything via RPM. But if you're anal
> about security, this is probably what you do anyway.
>
> neil

Neil, thank you: I didn't know I could do this. Even though I sometimes
install non-rpm-packages, I would like to know what changed in the
installed files.

I *really* love (the people on) this list...

Guus.

p.s. I assume 'being anal' about something means: gravely concerned or
paranoid?
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)