crazyiness with modem and kudzu

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sat May 8 13:01:18 UTC 2004

As I recorded in an earlier message I could not get kudzu to recognise
my new 56K Zoom modem. I tried everything. Ran kudzu with various
options , reboioted, etc and not nothing worked.

Last night I booted my machine and kudzu suddenly discovered that my
modem was there and configured it. Well  that seemed good and led me to
the Passover-like thought "Why was last night different from any other
night?"

Well my feeling that things were finally going right was dashed when
this morning I booted my machine and kudzu said that my Zoom modem had
been removed and did I want to remove the configuration. I said no but
in the kudzu hwconf data base the zoom modem is marked as detached.

Any comments, anyone?
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University